The Adventures of Ninja Boy

Born with knowledge of the ancient arts of stealth and secrecy, Ninja Boy, may either by the world's worst enemy, or its best hope...

Diet

An article in the Globe and Mail today discusses diet of the Mom, and sex of the baby.

I can't seem to find the online article but here is the original paper. The group of women in the high calorie group tended to have more boys (56%) compared to the low calorie group (45% boys)
Eating more bananas and cereal increase the number of boys. There is an old wives tale that drinking lots of milk means that you will have girl, but it seemed that drinking lots of milk increased the number of boys. (This could explain my extended family).

I can't remember if I was eating lots of bananas in Jan/Feb or not. I do eat cereal and milk everyday.

** yes I am a geek - you didn't think that was going to change did you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummmm excuse me. this is how i find out you are knocked up??????

just kidding. I'm so thrilled for you guys. Woo Hoo. Lots of knitting to do now.

Jenni said...

Well, with Toddler Jeneric I had cereal with milk or silk daily, frequent bananas and basically all those things that ups the chance of a boy. It's a small margin and, if you noticed, the authors of the study make a statement: don't diet differently to influence the sex of your baby!!