The Adventures of Ninja Boy

Born with knowledge of the ancient arts of stealth and secrecy, Ninja Boy, may either by the world's worst enemy, or its best hope...

The State of the Nursery

I am 14 weeks pregnant, leaving about 26 weeks (hopefully) to get ready for the arrival of a newborn. The nursery is an obvious place that needs to be worked on. We have previously ripped up the blue carpet (the same carpet that was in the living room) to reveal the hardwood floor underneath. The floor needs more fixing than the living room floor though.

Random holes need to be fixed (I think they were bringing up cable from the basement)


Old air vents need to be fixed with nicer looking wood, we want to replace the grill with an old style of grill (as in the living room)

Ali is planning on sanding and refinishing the floor.

The paint colour for the walls is in the process of being chosen
We are slowly eliminating some choices everyday

The closet is a good closet for the age of the house. It is the only place that there is wallpaper (and two different ones).
The current plan, which as all plans is subject to change, is to have a series of adjustable rods on one side, and adjustable shelves and drawers on the other side.
I have stripped about 1/2 of the wall paper and so far has not been a problem. We will repaint the closet white before installing the shelving units.

We have chosen an area rug for the floor. On Saturday, we went to Kids Interior Design Store and ordered the "Somethin Fishy" rug on this page.

Since people have been asking, I am feeling okay. I am getting over the exhaustion of the first trimester and once I figured out that I need to eat constantly my stomach has been feeling better. I am still fitting in regular clothes, although most of my jeans no longer fit.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

People have always kid me about wearing low-rse jeans. Well, because of them, I could wear my own pants until my 20th week.